Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Upper Galilee 7/22/13



Following our trip to the Kinneret, a lovely swim in the nearby ocean, and an impromptu flash-mob, we returned to the bus and continued our journey to the Upper Galilee for our long-awaited reunion with our Sister Cohort to begin our Community Week.




The Upper Galilee cohort met us shortly after our arrival and despite the heat, hugs were shared graciously and joyous greetings could be heard across the lawn of the Kibbutz. While I was a little nervous about the homestay, my nerves quickly vanished upon meeting my family and seeing their genuine excitement about my visit. By the time we sat down for dinner, I felt welcomed and ready for the week to come. 




Following our first dinner with our Israeli peers, we were shown a slideshow with pictures from the North American Seminar which brought back fond memories and overwhelming feelings of happiness and nostalgia. Despite the four months in between our visits, I felt that the connection we began to build in March had remained intact and I left the beautiful Opening Ceremony eager to expand on the relationship with my Israeli Diller Family.







Lilah Tov,

Michaela Katz



No comments:

Post a Comment