Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shabbat in the Upper Galilee

This week for Shabbat I was staying at a house that is Shomer Shabbas (A shomer Shabbat or shomer Shabbos is a person who observes the mitzvot (commandments) associated with Judaism's Shabbat). It was a very new experience for me and I went in a little scared to mess up the families Shabbat. Luckily, nothing went wrong it was an altogether very fun Saturday. I got to wake up late and when I went out, a lot of their family was over. I played board games with the kids, listened to the adults argue in Hebrew, and didn't think once about Facebook. It was a little crazy since I met seven of the nine if my host mothers siblings and their families, but I really enjoyed having a day off and not having to worry about what was happening on the Internet.

Shabbat Shalom,

Kamala Sloss

No comments:

Post a Comment