Thursday, April 26, 2012


This is the latest post about the North American Seminar, coming from Cohort 15's Sarah Grossman-Kahn.  Scroll down to read about her experiences!  Enjoy!

The first thing I noticed about the Israeli Dillers was their unbelievable enthusiasm. Within seconds of being introduced to the group I felt like I had made 20 new friends. They all rushed to hug and greet me, and what really struck me was that they were just so genuine. They seemed so sincerely overjoyed to be reunited with our cohort. I, having just returned from a similar trip to Israel, had a very good sense of how exhausted they must've been. Yet, even though they were all sleep deprived and probably a little homesick they always had a smile on their faces. I really admired their enthusiasm and their willingness to completely immerse themselves in the San Francisco culture. 

I felt so lucky to have time to have conversations with the Israelis as well. They all had such vibrant stories to tell and were so willing to share the details of their lives. When I met my pen-pals, Shir and Ofek, I was overwhelmed with how sweet and caring they both were. I truly feel that I have made lifelong friends. Even though they live 6,000 miles away, I feel confident that I have created many lasting friendships.
I will never forget how wonderful our time together was. I will always treasure the time we spent laughing together, and I can't wait to be reunited in Israel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment