Sunday, July 24, 2011

First Day of Upper Galillee!

Wow what a day! We began the day by lugging our suitcases at the awful hour of 7:30 down to where the busses would later pick us up. After finishing up our last couple workshops, the closing ceremony began. At this point we had already seen the final performances from each Diller partnership and personally, I was ready to move onto the next thing.
We boarded the bus at roughly 2:47 pm, and were quickly on our way to the north. Some 2+ hours later Israeli diller hosts and their guests sporadically began leaving the bus, as the upper galilee cohort is spread out in a similar way as the SF cohort is. SF Dillers live from marin to oakland to San Jose and everywhere in between, so too U.G. Dillers are spread out from Metula to Kiryat Shmona to random yishuvim and kibbutzim. But I digress.
Most people arrived at their hosts family with no more than an hour to spare, but somehow my friend's mom urged me to call my parents, and offered to do my laundry within the 30 minutes I was there, before having to rush out again.
But where were we rushing to?
I'm so glad you asked.
The place was called Dubrovin Farm, where an elaborate presentation/opening ceremony had been meticulously planned and flawlessy executed by a small contingent of the Israeli Dillers (So proud!).
So after a delicious dinner and the mandatory accompanying slideshow, the cohorts split for their night circles, then everyone headed to their new homes - hopefully to enjoy a good night's sleep in a comfy, warm bed and as it is nearing that magical midnight time here in Kiryat Shmona, I will say good night!


Tzvi and Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment